PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
– “Google Analytics,”: When someone visits https://civillearners.com, we use a third party service by Google that collects fairly standard analytical information. This information includes things like how many people are visiting the website and what parts of the site people visit.
We are not able to identify any user individually, so if you are obsessively reading this website (and why wouldn’t you?), there is no way for us to know who you are. And trust me, we don’t want to know who you are.
– “Emails,” When you subscribe to get latest articles or news on our website, then we get your email address. Like I said before, we won’t ever sell or give away your email to anyone else. Don’t worry.
In order to manage all the emails addresses we get, we use a third party application. Because if you think I’m sitting there writing down everyone’s email address on a piece of paper and then emailing you all individually, you’ve got another thing coming.
So about this third party application. They have their own official privacy protections.
This third party application helps us send you emails, and we also get to see statistics like how many people opened and read our emails. If you’re interested in knowing more about how this works, you can read about their policies.
If you want to unsubscribe from our email lists, you can click the unsubscribe link in any of our emails. I’ll cry, but I will respect your wishes and unsubscribe you.
One final note: the only way we can get your email address is by you subscribing on our website.
– “Your Data,” The only individualized information we collect is your email address and possibly your name, depending on whether you provide it on our website subscription form. You are entitled to view, amend, or delete this information whenever you want by clicking on the preferences link in any of our emails.
If you aren’t subscribed to our emails, then there’s literally no information we have for you to view because we didn’t collect any personal data. Trust me, we don’t want to deal with your personal data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to
Communicate with you;
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use your personal information to show you most relevant ads.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED.
COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK:
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make a subscription through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
When you subscribe through the Site, we will maintain your Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by this Contact Form.